Sustainability policy |GRI 4.8|
Klabin S.A. is a producer of timber, packaging paper and board, corrugated boxes and industrial sacks. It operates on domestic and international markets and all its activities related to its products and services are predicated on the following principles of sustainability:
- To seek competitive quality, aiming at sustained improvement of results, continuously perfecting processes, products and services so as to meet the expectations of customers, employees, shareholders, communities and suppliers.
- To ensure supply of its industrial units with wood from planted forests, in a sustainable way and without any damage to either natural or associated ecosystems.
- To practice and promote the recycling of pulp fiber in its production chain.
- To prevent and avoid pollution by means of reducing environmental impact from effluents, solid wastes and emissions to air.
- To promote employees’ personal and professional advancement, and to strive for continuous improvement of their working environment, health and safety.
- To exercise social responsibility with a focus on the communities where the Company is present.
- To comply with laws and regulations applicable to product, environment, health and safety.